FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 post production

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
NInette Tralala
P2 post production
on Jan 22, 2009 at 7:42:07 pm

Hi

i'm intending to work on a movie for TV, Pal 25 FPS, shot on a P2, synchronised in the editing machine with Cantar sounds. And i'm wondering which one between Avid or Final Cut pro is the best system for my case. The Editor prefers Avid, in fact... the production prefers Final Cut. big dilema. have you experienced troubles with one system or the other ? What the rumor says ? Thanks for your advices...

Ninette

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: P2 post production
on Jan 22, 2009 at 11:18:18 pm

FCP has more mature support for the HVX200 than Avid- though it depends which flavor of Avid and which version. If it's an older Avid- that's going to be hard. If it's an up to date version with HVX200 native support that's all good.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 23, 2009 at 3:53:59 am

I will disagree with Noah here...Avid has far more mature support with P2...surpassing FCP quite handily. As long as you are running the latest Avid 3.0 software. 2.8 might offer this too, but I am sure that 3.0 does.

Native support for P2...direct import, no copying and wrapping into Quicktime. And full support for all of the metadata encoded into the clip. FCP sees it in the L&T window, but then tosses it all away when you import. Unless you get third party applications like MXF4Qt or Raylight or Calibrated.

Avid support involves "no shinanigans" as someone once said.

But know that no matter what system you import the footage on, it will be full quality. If you want offline resolution, you'll have to transcode.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

NInette Tralala
on Jan 23, 2009 at 1:47:18 pm

Thank you Noah and Shane... I no longer do the movie, but I transmit to the good person !!

Ninette

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]