FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deleting P2 imported footage

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Barnett
Deleting P2 imported footage
on Jan 21, 2009 at 12:31:39 pm

Hi...

I have recently finished editing a project which was shot on a Panasonic HVX, on the P2 cards.
Apart from losing a days work due to a corrupt session file, and some strange glitches in the sequence (after the corrupt file was resolved).
like audio track just not playing, and frames sticking.
(not sure if these are P2 / HD glitches??!!)

The problem I have now is I have hundreds of files on one of my much needed Hard drives, about 500Gb worth of footage which I now have no use for and want to delete (I already have 2 backed up copies of all the logged and transfered quickimes).
HOWEVER... all the files are locked!!

So does anyone know how unlock these files quickly in one go! so I don't have to unlock them all individually??

any advice would be gratefully received

Chris

FCP 6.0.5 - 2.66 Dual core intel Xeon. 6Gb RAM. OSX 10.4.11

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Deleting P2 imported footage
on Jan 21, 2009 at 3:08:44 pm

If I were you I would not delete your p2 files. Those are your camera masters and you won't be able to transfer your project anywhere else. I doubt you would capture a tape to Quicktimes and then throw away the tape when you are done. Keep your P2 files. You should archive two copies of the p2 files instead of two copies of the Quicktime movies.

Quicktime will change, MXF will remain for a long while to come.

Return to posts index

Dave Neyman
on Jan 21, 2009 at 5:18:46 pm

I agree with Jeremy. DO NOT delete the master P2 MXF files. If you do have them backed up and have the FCP QT files backed up, you can drag the files you want to delete to the trash and hold down the option key while emptying the trash.

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
on Jan 23, 2009 at 11:56:50 pm

Dave, I have dragged the locked P2 files to the trash holding the option Key... and then you empty trash and trash prompts you to hold down the option key > enter, hold down the option key > enter over and over again...

Nothin Better???

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

Return to posts index

Dave Neyman
on Jan 24, 2009 at 12:57:14 am

Drag the files into the trash.

While holding down the option key - Select "Empty Trash"

They should all go away.

It doesn't do anything if you hold down the option key while dragging them to the trash.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]