FORUMS: list search recent posts

Over-cranked Footage Question

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Nowakowski
Over-cranked Footage Question
on Jan 12, 2009 at 3:56:49 am

I've got a question that I think I know the answer to, but I want to confirm I am correct. My client shot some footage of a ladder falling and wanted to freeze frame it. He ended up shooting it at 60fps, shutter speed of 180 on a Panasonic HPX 170. The problem is the footage has some heavy motion blur as the ladder and worker falls. I can't pull a clean sharp frame to composite off of. Is this because of the shutter speed he shot the footage at?

I am working with raw P2 content in After Effects and Premiere. I've tried bringing it into a 24fps and 60fps comp. Both render the same effects. Should I be handling the footage differently? Here is a link to the shot for reference:

http://www.ajnpost.com/clients/wonderdog/0010UT%202.mov

If anyone can offer some advice, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Over-cranked Footage Question
on Jan 12, 2009 at 2:52:29 pm

Shutter speed definitely controls motion blur.

You are handling the footage correctly if you have conformed that 60fps material into 24. Or if your client shot 60 over 24 already in camera, then you have to do nothing.

Return to posts index

Sean Schiavolin
on Jan 13, 2009 at 9:17:20 pm

"Or if your client shot 60 over 24 already in camera, then you have to do nothing."

what do you mean by 60 over 24?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 13, 2009 at 9:21:50 pm

You can shoot in 24pN mode @ 60 fps. The clips come in slow motion without you doing a thing. You will lose audio this way, so be aware.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]