FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Timecode on "Print to Tape" Recording--Why?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Monskey
No Timecode on "Print to Tape" Recording--Why?
on Jan 3, 2009 at 9:11:04 pm

Hey Folks,
What am I doing wrong that I am not getting any timecode (it registers 00:00:00:00, but doesn't roll, though the recording is there) on a tape that I output from FCP 5.0.4 HD Suite through a Panasonic HVX-200 camera?
I have seen this once before on a tape recording created by someone else---but I assumed it was a problem on their end.
Any help correcting & preventing this? This has to go to broadcast and I assume it will be useless without timecode for them to see.
Dan

Daniel Monskey

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: No Timecode on "Print to Tape" Recording--Why?
on Jan 4, 2009 at 1:14:13 am

Cameras aren't designed to do this...take the timeline timecode and lay it to tape. They aren't designed to black a tape and write timecode in a manner needed for broadcast delivery. PLUS, Print to Video is only for getting the footage to tape, not for getting the proper timecode from the timeline.

What you need is a DV Deck capable of blacking a tape and striping it with the proper timecode. Then you need to use the EDIT TO TAPE function and either INSERT EDIT (if you blacked the entire tape) or Assemble Edit (if you blacked only the first few seconds). And you will need RS-422 deck control to send this timecode information to the deck...you cannot output timeline timecode in this manner via firewire only.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]