FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX 500 Rebate Group Denial

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Peak
HPX 500 Rebate Group Denial
on Dec 25, 2008 at 6:06:23 am

Repost from November: I received a denial of my rebate stating only that it was late. Since I registered the letter I know this isn't the case.

Unfortunately, and very irritatingly, they give almost no explanation about it or contact information. That is, no email, no website, no phone number. They do provide a snail mail address to 'resubmit' to with additional documentation. But please, its almost like they want to make it difficult to dispute this.

I have heard that this is a common problem with rebate programs but my last Panasonic rebate went flawlessly. Have they changed rebate companies recently? Does anyone here have reasonable, 21st century contact information?

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Re: HPX 500 Rebate Group Denial
on Dec 25, 2008 at 12:40:50 pm

Hi,

The deadline for filing for those claims was the end of November. But there are always reasons to make exceptions. The reason for the deadline is so that we don't end up working this budget(the one assigned to this promotion) for years. And trust me I have had a customer get very upset with me for not staisfying a 2 year old claim that they had just gotten around to filing.

That said, our rebate company has not changed, the deadlines just got a little tighter. You may contact me at crittendenj at us. panasonic.com.

Merry Christmas,

Jan

Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

William Peak
on Dec 26, 2008 at 12:26:42 am

I filed in November.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Dec 25, 2008 at 2:15:13 pm

If you followed the instructions very carefully, you should have no problems with the rebate.

I purchased my 500 in April. Did all necessary registration and paperwork immediately. It took about 10 weeks to get the rebate.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
on Dec 25, 2008 at 5:53:05 pm

Just like Steve, my experience was the same.. A solid rebate program.. I have been scammed before on rebates and Pannys had me nervous... It was a months rent I was betting on the rebate and I needed the rent..

Best camera I ever purchased HPX500 with the best rebate 2K ever.... And if they have the same rebate this spring, I might just buy another 500..

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

Return to posts index

William Peak
on Dec 26, 2008 at 1:24:11 am

First let me say this in no way is a criticism of Panasonic's Cameras. Mine are great. I would buy another tomorrow if I had the need. Also this is not a general criticism of the rebate program. I too have filed and received promised rebates before and, though I dislike the blackhole quality of the process, hint - more transparency is needed, it was generally a positive experience.

Now as to this specific incident, as far as I can tell I sent all the required paperwork and they have made no claim of a deficiency there. I filed the very day I got the Extended Warranty Certificate from Panasonic.

Then I got nervous about the total inability to confirm the receipt and sent it again, this time via registered letter. Both filings occurred within the 60 days of purchase requirement. As I received the denial just after the second one I assume it is that one they were addressing.

They say only, "This claim has been denied. The claim was received after the submission deadline for this promotion."

But it was within the stipulated time frame of 60 days as recorded by the US Postal service so I am at a loss as to what the issue is.

I could accept, reluctantly, a mistake on my part, but no detailed reason was given for the denial. It cannot be a deadline issue based on the facts known to me unless they held onto it before processing it and used their internal processing date as the date of receipt. If so I'll have a major bone to pick with them. But as it is I just don't know. All I am asking for is a better explanation. I cannot dispute what is never said.

What compounds the irritation is the lack of any way to contact this group for clarification, hence my post. They only give an address to 'Repost' the same information. They didn't dispute the information just the time frame so reposting is pointless. If anyone knows how to contact them I'd be glad to take that information and give it a try.

Return to posts index

William Peak
on Dec 26, 2008 at 1:27:14 am

"If you followed the instructions very carefully, you should have no problems with the rebate."

Yes, Should being the operative word.

Return to posts index

on Dec 26, 2008 at 12:33:08 pm

Hi,

If you really want to solve the issue, please send me the information about you and your camera at the email above. I am the product manager and it is my rebate program. I really can find out what the problem is.

Best,

Jan

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 26, 2008 at 6:00:32 pm

Yeah- there's really no point in venting on this forum when the product manager herself has already provided her contact information to you. And on the day after Christmas no less. Try getting that sorta love from most other large corporations these days....

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Dec 26, 2008 at 10:20:11 pm

Some people just want to vent

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

William Peak
on Jan 1, 2009 at 11:44:29 pm

Yes, some do just want to vent. I however, am only asking if anyone else has had a similar issue and who they contacted to handle it.

This seems to be a very appropriate forum for this as it was the top hit in Google for Panasonic and Rebate program problems.

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
on Dec 27, 2008 at 11:03:28 pm

Yep, nobody shares the love like Jan C.... She told me not to buy the NAB HPx500 Demo at demo rates but buy a new HPX500 with rebate because it would be a better price and full warranty..

Nobody in this business has ever saved me money like that...

Thanks Jan...... And a Happy new Year......

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

Return to posts index

William Peak
on Jan 1, 2009 at 11:38:06 pm

How is asking for information and later answering questions, venting?

Return to posts index

William Peak
on Jan 1, 2009 at 11:36:47 pm

Yes, this was a repost. I already sent you that information over a month ago. I'll send it again. I understand that around the holidays things get slower. I have no complaints about that. I just never got any feedback from you so I reposted to see if there might be another way to pursue this.

Return to posts index

on Jan 2, 2009 at 1:15:05 am

[William Peak] "Yes, this was a repost. I already sent you that information over a month ago. I'll send it again. I understand that around the holidays things get slower. I have no complaints about that. I just never got any feedback from you so I reposted to see if there might be another way to pursue this."

Hi,

Sometimes it takes the Holidays to lighten the normal traffic so this shows up. If I didn't respond before, I do apologize. Normally I do try to catch these things and attempt to get them solved.

Got your serial number and stuff today, sent it along to the Rebate folks to find the status. First step. Then we figure it out.

Happy New Year to all.

Best,

Jan

Return to posts index

William Peak
on Jan 4, 2009 at 2:58:58 am

Many Thanks, and same to you.

Return to posts index