FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing from Mini DV 24p into FCP 6.05, what are the presets for DVC Pro HD HVX-200 camera

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Malinda Francis
Capturing from Mini DV 24p into FCP 6.05, what are the presets for DVC Pro HD HVX-200 camera
on Dec 15, 2008 at 9:40:14 pm

Hey I am having trouble capturing from tape into FCP 6.05...it must be a setting I am not doing right...can anyone help me?

let me know
peace
mali

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Capturing from Mini DV 24p into FCP 6.05, what are the presets for DVC Pro HD HVX-200 camera
on Dec 15, 2008 at 10:10:35 pm

Your capture settings should match your tape format. You mention DVCProHD and mini-DV and HVX200. I've not used a 200, but I'm fairly certain it only records DV to tape. So, try using a DV or DVCPro (NOT HD) setting and see what happens.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.4 QT7.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Eric Holzapfel
Re: Capturing from Mini DV 24p into FCP 6.05, what are the presets for DVC Pro HD HVX-200 camera
on Dec 19, 2008 at 4:54:47 pm

Hello John and Malinda,

John, you are 100% correct about the HVX200 recording ONLY DV to tape.
All HD of whatever format is recorded only to the P2 card or an external FireStor drive, etc. HD 720p footage can be down converted to the miniDV tape if desired, and will preserve different frame rates, etc. but it will be only DV in the standard format.

Eric

Return to posts index

Eben Abbaan
on Apr 26, 2009 at 6:35:15 am

I've adjusted the capture settings to match, in the exact same scenario, but I'm getting a huge loss in quality (and lots of jagged edges) in the DV footage I'm bringing into FCP. Something must not be right, because it's the image looks great in the camera and also in FCP's Log and Capture preview window.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]