FORUMS: list search recent posts

field shifting on super'd images?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Campbell
field shifting on super'd images?
on Dec 15, 2008 at 5:05:53 pm

I've shoot some 480i60i footage with the HVX 200 and it turned out great. however, when exporting my finished sequence, I'm getting some fielding gitter or interlace field shifting over my footage.

I have some 72 dpi images super'd over my footage and they played back perfect on my TV through my Intesity Pro card. But when I go to export a Quicktime for later compression using Compressor or even export using compressor, the fields that make up the images shift and get all funky looking. Some images have even turned to a solid color or even weird contrasty look (andy warhol style).

What am I missing? Why would these images do this over my footage?

OS 10.5.5, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 9 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
Re: field shifting on super'd images?
on Dec 15, 2008 at 9:11:07 pm

Are the images RGB mode? Not CMYK are they?

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
on Dec 15, 2008 at 9:39:35 pm

Yep, all images are RGB and 72 dpi TIFs and PNG files. I know FCP and be a bit testy with JPEGs. Does the image dimensions have anything to do with it? Some are over 1500 pixels or 20 inches. I've tried to attached an image. It was supposed to be a color image and clear but it came out B&W with horiz lines through it. And thats just the tip of the iceberg compared to what some of the others looked like.

OS 10.5.5, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 9 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

Tom Klein
on Dec 18, 2008 at 11:04:49 am

Hello Matt,

re set your image in PS and use a photoshop TV size "pre set" layout to the size of your project. FCP can be problematic with stills, I use jpeg's PSD's and tiffs with no issues, I mainly edit in DVCPro50 or 10bit uncompressed. My KONA LSe has no issues with playing stills mixed down even with zooming or movement across screen.
Using DV pre-set can in my experience cause some issues.

Cheers
Tom K
olinevideo.com.au

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
on Dec 18, 2008 at 3:19:38 pm

Thanks. I was going to use one of those presets but then the image size is constrained to your Photoshop size. What if I want to zoom in tight? How will FCP handle being tight on one of those images at only 720x480? This is why I use images larger than the 720x480. Most of them were around HD sizes or larger. Is there anothe way to handle this?

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
on Dec 18, 2008 at 3:41:18 pm

Maybe it would help if we could see an image. You need to upload it to a free photo sharing site such as Photobucket and then link to it in your post.

Photobucket

Final Cut Pro 6.0.5, Mac OS-X 10.5.5, Quicktime 7.5.5, Adobe Prod Prem CS4, G5 Quad 2.5, Kona-LHe V6, 8.5GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7800-GT 256MB, G-RAID 2x1TB FW800, 6TB RAID-5 (Enhance E8-ML, Highpoint 2322), Panasonic HVX-200P P2. Also MBP 17" Core 2 Duo 2.5, 4GB, GeForce 8600M GT 512MB.

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
on Dec 18, 2008 at 3:59:44 pm

Here are some links. These were all supposed to be color images. And all with opacity at 100%. One of them has the video interview showing through.

still has video layer showing through:
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/midsoup/Work/Picture1.png

this one was a more vibrant color picture and the horizontal lines were not there:
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/midsoup/Work/Picture2.png

this one has some field shifting. look at the face. I also had others that the fields shifted a lot worse than this:
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/midsoup/Work/Picture4.png

Return to posts index

Tom Klein
on Dec 18, 2008 at 9:55:27 pm

Hi Matt,
looks like you have a few issues happening, May be time to go back to where you started and begin over.
Double Check "all" your settings (sequence/import/export ect) and then try different files from PS.

Cheers
Tom K
olinevideo.com.au

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]