FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX200 in snow climate?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad MacKenzie
HVX200 in snow climate?
on Dec 3, 2008 at 5:15:30 am

I want to take snowboarding footage with the HVX200,

What can you suggest that would keep it from freezing??? Or does it not really matter

Return to posts index

Dave Neyman
Re: HVX200 in snow climate?
on Dec 3, 2008 at 7:06:05 am

It shouldn't matter. I've had the camera in pretty cold climates doing skiing and such and it performed great. I know that they used these cameras when they first came out for sled dog racing in very cold climates. In very hot weather where the camera is fixed I tend to keep it covered to avoid getting too hot.

Return to posts index

Matthew Romanis
on Dec 3, 2008 at 11:25:50 pm

The low temperatures will effect the battery life. Expect a loss of efficiency of around 20%, could be less or more depending upon how you store the batteries on the day.
After the camera has been exposed to the cold for a length of time,be careful about bringing it into warm and humid environments (such as crowded restaurants/bars, hotel rooms), condensation will form around switch gear and could conceivably get into the camera and cause issues due to corrosion at a later stage. Condensation on the lens is no fun either.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 4, 2008 at 7:49:21 am

Imagine if your snowboard is pulled not by gravity, but healthy dogs who might or might not be named Rover, Spot or Fido:

http://www.studiodaily.com/main/technique/tprojects/7949.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]