FORUMS: list search recent posts

soft transition feature...

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pablo Hill
soft transition feature...
on Dec 1, 2008 at 3:42:16 pm

I'm planning on changing my HDV cameras for P2 next year, until today I've been working with sony HDV. But I'm already using DVCpro HD, My HDV deck has a HDMI output and my infinity pro card has HDMI input, so I skip the firewire and use it only for deck control. The thing is I have large files with 1/4 the quality and fields (oh man I really hate fields).

That said there is one feature I absolutely love about my Sony cameras, and that's the soft transition effect. I can save Focus, Iris, zoom and even white balance settings and have access to them wile recording giving me the possibility to move the camera from spot one too another.

I was wondering is Panasonic cameras had this feature or similar.

PS if you ever get to work with Sony cameras, NEVER EVER even think about using their 24f and 30f feature it WILL ruin your shot, I learned this the hard way.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: soft transition feature...
on Dec 1, 2008 at 6:17:30 pm

Nope- most Panasonic cameras do not have this kind of feature. It's a nice thing to have but it's also something you can do manually with the right gear- such as a mattebox with follow focus and external zoom control devices.

Noah

Check out My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Pablo Hill
Re: soft transition feature...
on Dec 2, 2008 at 4:08:35 am

That's too bad, I really enjoy the soft transition feature (and over use it sometimes), and the mattebox and follow focus is at least a couple of thousand dollars. Is there like a Panasonic wish-list? That is hands down my favorite feature on my camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]