FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJ-YAX800G Proxy Card Generator

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Maloney
AJ-YAX800G Proxy Card Generator
on Nov 26, 2008 at 5:14:10 am

Hello all,

I've got one of these cards in my HPX3000.

It Bugs me that FCP cant see the universal identifier embedded in the proxy file.

I want to do as I intended and email the clips from location to the editor and stitch it all together later when the cards can be loaded for real.

If we could find out how many of these AJ-YAX800G units have been sold, we could approach a widget maker to link the universal identifier in the proxy card to the required field into FCP.

Am I crazy or is this dealt with with P2 shot put HD Log etc.

Hello Jan C can you find out through the sales channels how many have been sold????

Best

Tim Maloney
Axis Films Australia

Return to posts index

Bjoern Adamski
Re: AJ-YAX800G Proxy Card Generator
on Nov 26, 2008 at 5:05:17 pm

An UID won't help here.

- The P2 proxies have only 2 audio clips and no timecode which would popup a message in FCP when trying to reconnect the 4 channel hi-res files but this is still manageable.
- The worst thing is the different file name extension name, the proxies use MP4, the hi-res is MXF or later when ingested with Log & Transfer, it's MOV. This means a lot of manual reconnecting. With a bunch of clips it's a pain.

There will be soon a podcast here are creative cow how to convert AVC-I video to ProRes but keep it in the orignal P2 structure to send it to FCP using our software or even to reconnect it later to the original files or move it to an Avid that can deal with AVC-I. This workflow can also be used to create proxies which are easy to reconnect later.

If you can't wait for this tutorial then you can contact me through our website and I will give you some options how to establish a working low-res/hi-res workflow: http://mxf4mac.com/contact

Best
Bjoern

---------------------
Product Manager
MXF4mac
http://mxf4mac.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]