FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Problems importing clips from HVX200 after installing software

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tristan Wira
P2 Problems importing clips from HVX200 after installing software
on Nov 23, 2008 at 2:55:22 am

Hi, how you doing? My name is Tristan and I seem to have a problem when trying to import some clips from the panasonic hvx200 with the P2.

I've installed the latest driver, then the p2 viewer and then the p2 content manager.

I've follewed the manual. after specifying the INGEST i wanted to register the clips in P2. BUT THE CLIPS DONT SHOW UP where they should show up.

Does anybody know what i've done wrong?

Thanks in advance for the effort.

grt, Tristan

Return to posts index

Tristan Wira
Re: P2 Problems importing clips from HVX200 after installing software
on Nov 23, 2008 at 10:19:39 am

a slight correction in my post before this one

i found out that i forgot one driver to install in stated me to use a usb 2.0 to install

after connecting the usb 2.0 to the hvx200 and the pc, i clicked on install and still prompts me for connecting the usb 2.0

does anybody know what's wrong?

thanks again

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 23, 2008 at 11:46:54 pm

What computer are you using? How are you connecting the P2 cards to the computer? Camera via USB? Firewire? Is the camera set up to be seen as a 1394 Device? USB Device?

Does the card mount on the desktop?>

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tristan Wira
on Nov 26, 2008 at 11:18:41 am

hi shane,

thnx for responding,

ehm i use a hp pc dual core 3,54 gb ddr, windows xp service pack 3
and adobe premiere pro cs3

in the meanwhile i've found a lot of info bout importing p2 cards footage. I got somebody to help me out, i didn't notice the button on the left side of the panasonic to be recognized as a 1394 device.

as i mentioned i got somebody to help me out, but that person has a MAC computer and via his MAC, he helped me store the footage via p2 content management system directly on my external hard drive,without going through a FCP

right now i have a bunch of MXF files mixed, so i have a lot to sort out. that's no biggie but what need to know right now

is: HOW TO IMPORT THESE MXF FILES INTO PREMIERE PRO CS3..?

i understand that I need to convert it..can you tell me with what program i can convert the files (pls an affordable one and or reasonable quality)

and to what file extension i need to convert the mxf files? to .mov or something else?

cuz the footage consists of video, audio, proxy elements. when i want to convert do i just select the video footage or do i have to add the right audio with the right video footage first before inputting in a converter program?

i know a lot of questions...so i hope you can help. MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

tnx in advance

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 26, 2008 at 2:20:03 pm

Ah....CS3. Not my area of expertise. Might have to wait for someone who does know CS3, or post in the Adobe forums here at the Cow.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tristan Wira
on Nov 27, 2008 at 12:23:21 pm

okey too bad...

tnx anyways for the effort

grts

Return to posts index

David Keslick
on Dec 1, 2008 at 10:38:01 pm

You might look into Raylight for windows. Once installed it allows you to drag .mxf files directly into your Premiere project. You can also use it to author P2 cards. http://www.dvfilm.com/raylight

Return to posts index

can uzer
on Dec 25, 2009 at 3:43:02 pm

Hi there,

I just bought this Panasonic AG-HVX203AMC and i filmed with tape mode and p2 mode.
I can capture the dv tape via firewire 1394 on my mac version 10.5.8 but when i change the mode to P2 i can see the clips on the camera vcr in the slot but nothing appears on my desktop and i can export anything chosing the FCP p2 panasonic import.

How can i manage my mac to see the p2 card via firewire or usb?

Please help.

Regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]