FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change frame rate on HVX

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad MacKenzie
Change frame rate on HVX
on Nov 19, 2008 at 8:20:18 pm

Just curious to know how to lower the frame rate on the HVX. I know under recording settings you have 720p60 or 720p24, etc. but lets say I wanted to shoot at 16 frames, can I do that? And where would that setting be??

Thanks,

Chad

Return to posts index

Sam Waldorf
Re: Change frame rate on HVX
on Nov 20, 2008 at 1:51:19 am

You need to be in 720p24pn under recording settings.

Under Scene File switch from "video cam" to "film cam" then by framerate you can change from default to any even number from 12 to 60 fps.

Return to posts index

Chad MacKenzie
on Nov 20, 2008 at 2:13:20 am

Awesome, thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Nov 20, 2008 at 3:36:20 am

FYI, audio will not record in this setting.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
on Nov 20, 2008 at 4:20:46 pm

Also, if you Google "HVX Frame Rate Hack" you can easily get any frame rate from 2fps 12fps, the lowest available on the HVX200. I have scene files for 2fps, 4fps, 10fps on all of my HVX and HPX cameras. I think that there is even a demo clip on YouTube that shows you how to do it if you are not a good reader ;-)

Credit to Barry Green for coming up with or at least publicizing this hack, it works great and is pretty easy to do with no ill effects on the cameras. The hack is also in the Barry Green HVX and HPX Book that comes with all of the new cameras in the U.S. market. Many of us have been using the hack for years now and it does not hurt the camera at all.

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

Chad MacKenzie
on Nov 20, 2008 at 8:36:08 pm

Well now I shot some footage at 12 and 60 fps on the 720p24pn setting, but I noticed it was very stroby at 12 fps and at 60 fps it was clean.

So once I import these shots in Final cut, I know you can change the frame rate for the 60fps, but for the 12fps what do I do so that it can play at 24 fps speed to give it that fast look?

What I did was just click on the shot and changed the speed from 100% to 200%, but is there another way?

Return to posts index

Sam Waldorf
on Nov 21, 2008 at 1:49:26 am

If you import into a timeline at say, 720p24p, then final cut should play it back at 24 fps and give you a sped up look. Make sure to check all your capture settings and sequence settings to ensure they're set at
DVCPROHD 720p24p

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]