FORUMS: list search recent posts

increment ( scene , Take ) metadata on P2

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alaa Ghuniem
increment ( scene , Take ) metadata on P2
on Oct 26, 2008 at 2:37:58 pm

Hi :
I have Panasonic HPX -2100 can I increase the take and the scene automatic for every clip I take or can I do it manually and if somebody know how plz tell me in two conditions ( Manually , automatically )
and thank you for your help
Alaa

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: increment ( scene , Take ) metadata on P2
on Oct 26, 2008 at 4:57:22 pm

You use P2CMS and the METADATA UPLOAD option and make a unique USER CLIP NAME, and SCENE and TAKE. Then save this file onto an SD card, put the SD card into the HPX-2000 (or 2600) or whatever P2 card you have, and then load this metadata into the camera. Then, when you shoot, the user clip name will go like CLIP001, CLIP002, CLIP003, and take will increase as well.

If you use FCP, it will completely ignore all of this metadata...unless you invest in third party solutions. Raylight will put this information on a slate on frame 2 of the footage, but that's it. HDLog and MXF4QT and Calibrated have ways to map this metadata to the columns in FCP, including the NAME column. I will say that the easiest one of these is MXF4QT. With CM Flow, it makes importing REALLY easy.

HDLog has other good features like the ability of add metadata to the clips after you shoot, and the ability to offload the cards and verify the offload.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on Oct 26, 2008 at 11:05:17 pm

Hi,

Step by step directions are in the Metadata Workflow paper. Download at http://www.panasonic.com/p2hd look for the whitepapers in the P2HD Resources area.

Best,

Jan

Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Alaa Ghuniem
on Oct 27, 2008 at 6:53:13 am

thank you Shane & Jan
first at all I read the PDF from Panasonic , and I don't mean the clip name I jsut need the meta data increse the Sccen and the take with the user clip
so Clip 1 , Scene 1 , Take 1
and Clip 2 , Scene 1, take 2
this is what I need

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 27, 2008 at 7:16:38 am

And that is what you will get if you create metadata scene files that you upload into the camera. Make one for each scene, and the Take number will increase by single increments.

Shane

Return to posts index

on Oct 27, 2008 at 11:12:13 am

Hi,

Look on page 10 of that PDF. See the picture that says Record On/Off, and just below it where it says Type1/Type2? Those two choices will cause the metadata to increment. Having the clip be called Scene1, was part of the upload that I created in P2CMS. I knew that once I loaded the file the camera would increment the last number so I called the clip name Scene1_T and the camera filled in the rest.

Now if you have an HPX170 you could put this data in from the camera but on the 200 series you have to preload with the P2CMS.

I hope this helps,

Jan

Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Arthur Aldrich
on Oct 27, 2008 at 1:09:43 pm

Just remember that the actual "scene" and "take" fields do not auto increment.

The only field that will advance with each recording is the "user clip name".

While the scene and take fields might be useful, it would require separate metadata files for each scene and/or take.

I usually create one metadata file per scene, and use the clip name for the takes.

HTH,

-
Art Aldrich
OTEK TV
Leader, NJFCPUG
http://www.njfcpug.org

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 27, 2008 at 3:20:44 pm

[Arthur Aldrich] "Just remember that the actual "scene" and "take" fields do not auto increment. "

OH, I didn't know that. Really? Then why do they have that field? I mean, I knew that SCENE wouldn't, but why not TAKE?

Shane

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 30, 2008 at 6:10:09 pm

I would love to see a small keyboard + app to input the metadata shot by shot. For years you could buy a foldable keyboard to use with your cell for texting/email. Why not for metadata? Ironically, we've gone back to using a slate. It puts all the info we need into the picture. And we always make sure we don't roll until the slate is in. That way the clip icon is the slate.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.4 QT7.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]