FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2CMS causing "dropouts"

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Buck Kahler
P2CMS causing "dropouts"
on Oct 23, 2008 at 9:01:42 pm

Hi!
Has anyone had any problems using P2CMS to offload P2 cards? We use the latest Mac version and have had very strange digital "dropouts" appear all over our footage when we offload the cards. When we simply make a disc image of the P2 card, the footage is fine when logged and transferred into Final Cut. But making a disc image is time-consuming and we were kinda hoping P2CMS would work for us. Perhaps we're not pushing the right buttons; the manual is a bad computer translation-program version that doesn't offer any insight but lots of laughs. Any thoughts?

Buck Kahler
Oak Ridge, TN

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: P2CMS causing "dropouts"
on Oct 24, 2008 at 4:27:36 pm

I used to use P2CMS before I bought Shotput p2. It's the best 49.99 you will spend towards your p2 situation. When I did use P2CMS, I neever saw any dropouts, though.

Can you post a still of the dropout?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Buck Kahler
on Oct 29, 2008 at 3:18:53 pm

Yeah, I have HDLog at home and it works for offloading. Here, however, I'm limited to freeware. The way we've been trying to offload the cards using P2CMS is by using the "Export" function. This results in a new P2 card-like file structure in whatever folder we desire. However, the dropout issue won't go away when we do it this way. (Not allowed to post still, sorry.) What is the preferred method of offloading cards using P2CMS?

Buck Kahler
Oak Ridge, TN

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 29, 2008 at 6:48:58 pm

I used to use the Export Method as well.

Are you flipping the protection switch before you mount it to the Mac?

What is your conduit from the P2 card to the computer, a card reader of some sort?

Return to posts index

Buck Kahler
on Oct 29, 2008 at 7:04:44 pm

Yes, we always protect the card before offloading it. The footage on the card is fine, it's just the footage from the "exported" files that has the dropout. Shows up both in P2CMS and FCP as dropout. We use the AJ-PCD20 card readers hooked up with Firewire 800 cables. The card reads fine; we can make disk images from them this way and the footage that comes in is okay. It just seems to happen with the export function out of P2CMS. It's pretty consistent, I've seen it with footage from both our HVX200's and the HPX500's we have.

Buck Kahler
Oak Ridge, TN

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 29, 2008 at 7:33:40 pm

[Buck Kahler] "It's pretty consistent, I've seen it with footage from both our HVX200's and the HPX500's we have."

That is weird, especially with a PCD20. Do you have any demo MXF software on that machine that might conflict with P2CMS? Have you updated to the latest version of P2CMS? Do you have the latest PCD20 drivers?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]