FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 USB via Merlin Express Card

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Campbell
P2 USB via Merlin Express Card
on Oct 21, 2008 at 1:44:20 pm

Just found this. http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=149113

I am wondering if it would link up to my Duel Adapter which works fine on my Mac Book pro to let me use it, via USB, with an iMac.

Could you see any problems or any other solutions? I'm looking at a cheap option which isn't buying any Pansonic gear.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: P2 USB via Merlin Express Card
on Oct 21, 2008 at 2:15:47 pm

Don't know if that would work. Do you have access to your P2 camera? If you do, connect via USB or firewire.

Why don't you just keep using the MBPro to offload your cards to your hard drive?

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Craig Campbell
on Oct 21, 2008 at 2:22:33 pm

Because I work at a University so need a quick turn around of cards been dumped whilst the cameras go back out and the Mac Book is my own personal one. We have 50 imacs so a solution which can go straight into the machines would be better. The option I have is buying the P2 slots for the g5s.

Other option could be a small cheap PC with a slot for the P2 cards, think Acer do one.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 21, 2008 at 3:35:54 pm

Kinda doubt it would work on a driver/performance level. For me the Panasonic P2 drive is still the most robust option for mass transfers.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]