FORUMS: list search recent posts

Depth of field

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Vanderveken
Depth of field
on Oct 20, 2008 at 8:58:41 pm

Hi,
I was wondering, as I newbie filmer, is it possible to get a depth of field with a hvx 201 camera?

If not, could you please share your knowledge with me about what I should get to achieve this? Is there a not too expensive alternative?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Depth of field
on Oct 20, 2008 at 9:18:32 pm

Well you can't not get depth of field with any camera- it's just a question of what kind of depth of field you are wanting. I'm going to presume you're referring to shallow depth of field where the background is out of focus while the subject remains sharp. With the stock lens you can do some tricks to create a shallow depth of field as you can to some extent with any camera-

Zoom in to the longest possible lens and back up from the subject if neccesary to get the shot you want.
Use the widest possible aperture- controlling exposure through the ND filters and adding additional filters if that doesn't do the trick in bright lighting.

If that still doesn't do it then you want to go with the 35mm lens adapters such as the Letus, MovieTube, Redrock, P+S Technics and attach cinema lenses. That gets a lot more expensive but the results are worthwhile if that's the look you're after. Was that what you were looking for?

-Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

David Vanderveken
Re: Depth of field
on Oct 20, 2008 at 9:50:38 pm

Yes Noah. That was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for helping me on this. I will do some surfing on the adapters you suggested. I need one of those.
Thanx !!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]