FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reverse Telecine DV Footage from Firestore FS100?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Gladney
Reverse Telecine DV Footage from Firestore FS100?
on Oct 20, 2008 at 6:45:38 pm

Hi. I tried posting this message over on the Firestore Forum, but hope I can find additional info here.

I have some footage that I shot with my HVX200 onto my FS-100 Firestore. All of the footage was shot regular DV (not HD) 720 x 480 24P to quicktime files.

Now, normally when I shoot 24p to tape, I capture through FCP, reverse telecine the clips in Cinema Tools, and then import onto a 24P timeline and edit.

My problem is, when I try to batch reverse telecine in cinema tools, I keep getting an "Error: this movie file has temporal compression." and when I try to do an individual clip, the reverse telecine option doesn't even come up (or is greyed out).

So, my question is, how do you reverse telecine DV FOOTAGE recorded to Firestore as Quicktime files? Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Steven Gladney

PS. Just in case, I'm working with FCS 6

Sometimes the obvious is hidden in plain view.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Reverse Telecine DV Footage from Firestore FS100?
on Oct 20, 2008 at 9:21:00 pm

I'd run it through QuickTime player and convert to Apple ProRes first as 29.97. Then try running it through CinemaTools. Might just be messed up metadata CT doesn't like from the Firestore. Wouldn't be the first problem I've heard coming from the FS.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Reverse Telecine DV Footage from Firestore FS100?
on Oct 21, 2008 at 2:15:52 am

Did you select DV format QuickTime 24p on the Firestore?

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]