FORUMS: list search recent posts

No audio levels on HVX20

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eriq Wities
No audio levels on HVX20
on Oct 20, 2008 at 5:50:58 pm

I've been shooting with the same HVX200 for the 6 months no problems. Last week, for the first time I wasn't able to get any audio levels into the camera. Both from an external mic, or the internal mic, I can't get the camera to pick up any audio.

I've set all the camera correctly for an internal mic, for a external mic, for a line in, I've tried it all and am not getting any levels. Period. After trying what I believe to be correct, I tried every combination of, channel source, inputs on/off, mic/line internal/external mics, that I believe not to be correct, just to try. Nothing worked. I couldn't get any levels, from anywhere.

There wasn't any physical damage or anything to the camera that I know of. I extremely protective of it. Is there some secret mute button buried in the menu that I don't know about? Has this happened to anyone else?

I searched around, on and off the cow, but couldn't find anything. I'm sure I'm not the first person to deal with this, if there's a previous thread to this issue that I missed, please point it out.
I haven't contacted Panasonic yet. I wanted to consult the cow first. Thanks everyone.

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: No audio levels on HVX20
on Oct 20, 2008 at 6:05:35 pm

Make sure you are recording in supported frame rates. For example, if you are recording at 30P but in a 24P framerate, you can't record audio. For a simple check, go to both the first and 3rd menu items from the root menu and make sure they are both set to either 60, 30 or 24.

Vince Becquiot
Director | Editor

Kaptis Studios
San Francisco - Bay Area

Return to posts index

Eriq Wities
Re: No audio levels on HVX20
on Oct 20, 2008 at 6:18:14 pm

Yep, that was it. Thanks Vincent.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved