FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX170 Lens Issue

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Regan
HPX170 Lens Issue
on Oct 15, 2008 at 3:45:30 pm

I have found a problem with my HPX170. There is a lot of lateral front end play in the lens, between the zoom ring and camera body. Many other owners have this issue. The easiest way to see the problem is to zoom in all the way and rack focus. The image will shift from side to side as you rack.

Panasonic is aware of the issue and we are awaiting official word from them. The lens is supposed to have a "shock-mount" design, but there is excessive slop in this design or the production tolerances exceed what Panasonic intended.

Jeff Regan
Shooting Star Video
http://www.ssv.com

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
Re: HPX170 Lens Issue
on Oct 15, 2008 at 5:33:52 pm

My HPX170 doesn't seem to exhibit the issue but plenty of peoples new HPXs do. Waiting on Panasonic to provide the exact plan of action about how they will fix this issue.

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 15, 2008 at 5:39:58 pm

Not sure what it was, but it doesn't affect all models. My camera doesn't have this issue. I do know that Panasonic is working on a fix for this and will get back to people as soon as they can. Have no doubt that this is HIGH on their priority list.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Clay Walker
on Oct 17, 2008 at 1:55:37 pm

Yep, this is a HUGE issue.

My 170 suffers from this defect and is sitting in its box basically awaiting a fix. Unfortunate for me, the place that I bought it from will not accept a return on it for this defect and I may have to opt to freeze my credit card payment.

I do not feel confident in using this camera in any sort of professional shooting context at this time as I cannot use the manual focus ring.

I really regret buying this camera with its initial release and I hope that Panasonic will satisfactorally compensate those affected by this.

I'm sure it will be a gem down the road, maybe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]