FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Screen with the HVX200

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will McMahon
Green Screen with the HVX200
on Oct 6, 2008 at 10:25:05 pm

I have a green screen shoot next week, and I am trying to figure out a good work flow. Right now I use the Sony Z1U, but I know that a true progressive camera is better for keying. Has anyone had good results with the Z1U for a green screen shoot? Is the HVX200 a much better camera for this?

Also, what color do you recommend for green screen. I know "tech green" is much brighter than some others that are used for keying. Any recommendations?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Green Screen with the HVX200
on Oct 7, 2008 at 5:48:57 am

The HVX-200 shoots in the 4:2:2 color space. HDV shoots 4:2:0...color information is missing. DVCPRO HD is much better for shooting green screen. ANd I use DVMATTE Pro for my keying...although Shake is better. Albiet more complex.

Not sure on the "tech" green...I don't shoot. I only deal with it in post on occasion.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Oct 7, 2008 at 1:59:09 pm

Shoot progressive Not interlaced

Make sure you don't get halos by making green to bright

HVX keys welll....

Keylight in AE handles quite nicely

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

kat hayes
on Oct 8, 2008 at 4:02:47 am

1.) Why "Shoot progressive Not interlaced?" I plan to do some green screen with 720p...just curious.

2.) Make sure you don't get halos by making green to bright. Do you mean by lighting it too bright?

3.) How does the basic keyer in Final Cut Pro stand up to the other keyers you guys suggested?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Trevor Ward
on Oct 20, 2008 at 11:06:27 am

Interlaced footage means smaller fields of motion that the keyer has to figure out. It's like the difference between shooting 4:1:1 and 4:2:2.

FCP filters don't do a good job of keying. You'll have to use a plug in or other software (personally, I use Keylight in AE.)

-trevor ward
Red Eye Film Co.
http://www.redeyevideoproductions.com
orlando, fl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]