FORUMS: list search recent posts

how are p2 cards formatted?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
angela anderson
how are p2 cards formatted?
on Oct 3, 2008 at 4:47:02 am

Hi, i've looked around but haven't really found an answer i could trust - are p2 cards only formatted in fat 32, or can you change that format at will? i ask because i have a potential job downloading the p2 files from the cards and archiving, but they want a pc and i have a mac - the question i have is, if i download to either a pc or mac formatted harddrive, do the 4gig clips (if the card is fat32) match up automatically, or do they remain in 4 gig pieces? because if they match up and fuse into one file, then i can understand having an exclusively pc or mac workflow, but if they remain 4g or less, then technically it doesn't matter if i use a mac or a pc because i can write to fat 32 - does anyone know?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: how are p2 cards formatted?
on Oct 3, 2008 at 3:36:15 pm

P2 cards are formatted Fat32. And you you need to offload them onto a drive that is formatted Fat32, that is fine, because the file sizes never go above 4GB. They are only joined together in the NLE, if it offers that option.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

angela anderson
Re: how are p2 cards formatted?
on Oct 4, 2008 at 3:27:09 am

thanks so much for that! it puts me at ease now :) i was suspecting that, but had no confirmation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]