FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transfering from HVX200 8 GB p2 card into FCP 6.0.4

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Cranney
Transfering from HVX200 8 GB p2 card into FCP 6.0.4
on Oct 2, 2008 at 5:45:21 pm

I am having trouble transferring clips from a AG-HVX200P with a 8 GB p2 card into FCP 6.0.4. It starts the transfer and then right before it finishes it stops and gives me an unknown error. I thought it might possibly an anti-virus program that I had running but I threw that away and it still does not work. I would appreciate any help I could get thanks! BTW I am using a Mac 10.4.11

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Transfering from HVX200 8 GB p2 card into FCP 6.0.4
on Oct 2, 2008 at 8:30:54 pm

Drag the CONTENTS and lastclip.txt items into a Folder on your hard drive, then do the log and transfer form that folder, not form the card itself.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Nate Cranney
on Oct 2, 2008 at 9:51:45 pm

I have tried that, however it just gives me the exact same problem. Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 2, 2008 at 9:55:37 pm

#36 - One or More P2 files failed to import.

Shane's Stock Answer #36 - "One or more clips failed to import..."

Very often in the field with this camera the camera operator will delete clips from the P2 card that they just don't like. That is the beauty of this camera. But, the still for that video file (located in the CLIP folder in the CONTENTS folder)...the still that you see when you are in the P2 Import window...is not deleted. So you will see the image, and the name, but the video file would have been deleted.

What you can do it compare the file names in the VIDEO folder and CLIP folder and see if anything is missing. If something is, then you know what the problem is. You can then just import the rest a few at time, skipping that one.

ALSO...in the P2 Import window...in the P2 Browser, there is a little sprocket drop down menu. Click on that and choose PREFERENCES. Uncheck REMOVE PULLDOWN and then try importing again.

ALSO...make sure your file names aren't too long. Try shortening them and see if that works.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nate Cranney
on Oct 2, 2008 at 10:09:56 pm

Thanks for the tip. I shot something on the same camera myself to see if it was something like that however I came up with the same problem. I also tried adjusting the preferences also to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 2, 2008 at 10:14:04 pm

What version of QT are you running?

Shane

Return to posts index

Nate Cranney
on Oct 2, 2008 at 10:23:02 pm

QT 7.5.5

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 2, 2008 at 10:51:42 pm

I have heard of issues with people importing with this version of the software. Cropping up more and more.

Shane

Return to posts index

Nate Cranney
on Oct 2, 2008 at 10:53:37 pm

Thanks. I hadn't heard about problems before. I'll try and downgrade and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Nate Cranney
on Oct 3, 2008 at 7:30:37 pm

I tried to downgrade my quicktime to 7.4.5 but I still have the same problem. Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Tom Klein
on Oct 5, 2008 at 11:49:19 am

Hi Nate,
I've had simmilar issues since QT 7.5.5 and OS 10.5.5. may i suggest you do as i did and run the info from the card and capture it in real time, that's if your camera will play it, I suspect your issue is same as mine.
One of my 32gig P2 cards is now not recognized and just "Hangs" the macpro when trying to drag n drop or log n transfer.
The card will need to be formated and all should be good (fingers crossed). My issue is intermittent, the first card gave problems, the other four from a shoot were OK ? , I re booted up on an earlier spare OS and QT and it was same with that 32gig P2 card, other cards were all good, Go figure ??.
get your info "saved to a drive" prior to doing any testing.
Cheers
Tom K

Return to posts index

Nate Cranney
on Oct 17, 2008 at 9:25:23 pm

I tried an earlier version of QT however, I have the same problem.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 17, 2008 at 9:55:33 pm

Do you have fxfactory installed or Perian?

Return to posts index

Cal Gordon
on Dec 10, 2008 at 4:07:01 am

I was wondering if you or anyone has a solution for my problem. Basically, I'm unable to transfer some of my clips from the "Log and Transfer" window to the "Browser" window on Final Cut Pro. Whenever I add some of these clips (through Add Selection/Clip to Queue), the orange (!) comes up.

I've shot my footage using a Panasonic HVX200, and my Mac and software are as follows:

FCP 6.0.1
QT 7.5
Mac 10.4.11 (2.16 GHz IntelCore Duo)

I've tried to download Sony's XDCAM's Transfer Utility 1.0 but unfortunately it requires FCP 6.0.3. I'm not even sure it will work. I've also tried AVD-Intra and that didn't work either.

If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know as I'm stuck editing my piece. Again, this only happens for some of the clips, while others do transfer just fine.

Thanks very much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]