FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shoot to a P2 Card and hard drive at the same time

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dana lavoie
Shoot to a P2 Card and hard drive at the same time
on Sep 30, 2008 at 7:12:48 pm

Is it possible to shoot to a P2 card and a hard drive or Fire Store AT the same time?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Shoot to a P2 Card and hard drive at the same time
on Sep 30, 2008 at 10:46:30 pm

AFAIK the firewire and P2 outputs can both shoot at the same time but I'm sure someone else will jump in if that's not the case. Kind of overkill though. If you have enough P2 cards to match the same amount of Firestore storage just shoot P2. They are pretty hard to throw off.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 1, 2008 at 9:12:35 am

The only time you cannot record to both is when recording in 720p PN modes. Firewire does not support anything that is not "over 60." Everything else works fine, all 1080 and SD settings as well as the other 720P settings.

Sometimes overkill is nice :-) !

Return to posts index

Tom Klein
on Oct 1, 2008 at 1:52:20 pm

Hi,
My SPX800 can record to Firewire and cards at same time. or as needed I shoot to my FW connected Nnovia HDD with no cards in the camera, the pana sends time code to the HDD and it records no problems.
only set back is that HDD firmware won't allow any resolutions above DV, I should have bought the Firestore, Nnovia support is abismal, Firestore were not out when I bought the Nnovia.
cheers
Tom K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]