FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJ-PCD20: How to get 32GB P2 Cards To Mount

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Crosby
AJ-PCD20: How to get 32GB P2 Cards To Mount
on Sep 30, 2008 at 5:20:20 pm

Hello,
I am trying to get my 32GB P2 cards (and 16's for that matter) to mount on my mac using the AJ-PCD20 via firewire 800. The computer keeps telling me that it can not recognize the cards. 8GB cards mount with out a problem. Here are my system specs:

Mac OS X (10.4.11)
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro2,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per processor): 8 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

I have installed the drivers that panasonic tech support told me would work as well as the drivers that several message board members have suggested (same as tech support). Here is a link to the drivers I have downlaoaded and installed:

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/cs/csregistp2m/ep2main/pcdr...

What am I missing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Justin

Return to posts index

Lawrence Lim
Re: AJ-PCD20: How to get 32GB P2 Cards To Mount
on Sep 30, 2008 at 7:35:32 pm

Did you install the driver that came with the card reader? I just bought the same device and it works flawlessly. Also when the driver is installed the P2 icons have a numerical designation which corresponds to the P2 card in the particular slot in the reader.
Lawrence

Return to posts index

Justin Crosby
on Sep 30, 2008 at 7:50:57 pm

Lawrence,
I have had the unit for almost 2 years and it has worked great with the 8GB cards so I know that the device works and I do have the drivers installed that came with the unit. It still reads the 8GB cards with out any problem from all 5 bays of the device. I just can not get it to mount the 16GB or 32GB cards. Maybe your newer unit came with updated drivers for the larger cards. I think I just need to get a hold of those updated drivers, which do not seem to be available from any sites I have visited. Thanks for the reply I appreciate the input.

Justin

Return to posts index

Lawrence Lim
on Sep 30, 2008 at 9:05:35 pm

Try this
http://www.panasonic.com/business/provideo/support/software_16gbp2.asp
Lawrence

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 30, 2008 at 9:20:17 pm

Lawrence has got you going in the right direction. Your PCD20 needs a firmware update.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Justin Crosby
on Sep 30, 2008 at 9:31:19 pm

Yeah, turns out that the firmware update must be done on a PC which is where I was getting lost in the whole process. I was assuming that there would be a way to update the firmware using a mac as well, which is what I just wasted a bunch of time looking for. Panasonic never really states that you may ONLY use a PC to perform the firmware update. All should be well from here. Thanks so much for the input fellas.

Justin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]