FORUMS: list search recent posts

Print to Video Issues

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Pence
Print to Video Issues
on Sep 30, 2008 at 3:31:18 am

Good evening everyone,

I'm trying to do a print to video recording. My MBP recognizes my HVX, and it actually records all the audio for the 30 sec spot; the problem is it's not recording the video. It'll record the first second of bars, then it's if the firewire/video transfer can't keep up with output of the timeline. Prior to trying to recording, I can scroll through the timeline and see the entire video on the LCD of the camera, it's only when I try and record, I loose the video signal. Humm......?

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Jason

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Print to Video Issues
on Sep 30, 2008 at 4:09:12 am

What format are you working in?

Return to posts index

Jason Pence
on Sep 30, 2008 at 4:15:11 am

HD 960x720. The kicker is, is that is has to be 4:3 for broadcast and transferred onto Beta SP. I have a very simple system and have to go elsewhere for the Beta transfer.

Jason

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 30, 2008 at 4:37:05 am

Why don't you take the finished file over to a dub house? You can't do this to tape if that's what you're trying to.

Return to posts index

Jason Pence
on Sep 30, 2008 at 4:47:25 am

Or

I may have to do it all a a dub house. Any recommendations in San Diego :)

Thanks,
Jason

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 30, 2008 at 5:12:52 am

Sorry, I don't. But I am sure there is a service out there to layoff your project for you.

Return to posts index

Jason Pence
on Sep 30, 2008 at 5:40:03 am

One last thing... my last message was partially deleted....

What about using Compressor to down-convert and crop to the final video? I guess it would then end up being a 4:3 letterbox? And if so, then could I edit to video in FCP6?

Best

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 30, 2008 at 1:26:16 pm

Do you have a Beta deck and a capture card to lay this off with? If not, just take the exported self contained HD movie to the dub house.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Sep 30, 2008 at 4:20:42 pm

Not speaking from experience here, but ... if you're trying to print an HD sequence to a miniDV tape, then that poses a real problem. MiniDV is okay with 48k 16-bit audio, so that could be why it's showing up.

Just a thought: Export the sequence using compressor to DV codec, then re-import the spot, and open the DV spot in a DV timeline, print to tape, see what happens.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]