FORUMS: list search recent posts

p2/ hvx won't mount in osx 10.5.5

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel Lears
p2/ hvx won't mount in osx 10.5.5
on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:09:16 pm

Hi all,
I've been reading through old posts for a while now and I can't seem to find a solution to this problem, though I'm sure it has to be something simple. My HVX 200A won't mount to the Macbook Pro running 10.5.5 through either usb or firewire. I installed all the drivers i could find, and also tried changing the camera's settings between usb device and 1394 device as well as turning everything off and restarting various times. I've been using a firestore but i rented p2s for a shoot tomorrow because of problems I've had with the firestore in the past. Need to get this figured out asap-- thanks so much!
R

Return to posts index

Rachel Lears
Re: p2/ hvx won't mount in osx 10.5.5
on Sep 26, 2008 at 8:45:15 pm

yup, i knew it was something simple: got to hold down the rubber button on the back of the camera to get it to go into 1394 device mode. too bad this isn't in the manual.

Return to posts index

Christopher Wright
on Sep 27, 2008 at 5:43:47 am

It will be interesting to see how your shoot and your attempt at posting P2 will work out for you.

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Octocore 8 GB Ram, Radeon card, MBP, MXO
Windows XP Adobe Studio CS3, Vegas 8.0, Lightwave 9.2, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 6, Continuum 5, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

Rachel Lears
on Sep 28, 2008 at 5:18:59 pm

It worked out very well, thank you. I had zero problems with the P2 recording or transfer process, and have been fully won over by the p2 workflow for the type of shooting I do. Having already begun editing, I can say that so far I haven't had any of the dropout or corruption issues with P2 that I had with the Firestore. It seems to me that both are obviously exciting technologies, and that as discussed on this forum numerous times, Firestore is probably better suited to studio shoots while P2 may be better suited to on the go shooting. I hope you continue to have as positive an experience with your Firestore as I am having with my P2s, and I wish you many happy returns with all your audiovisual endeavors.

Return to posts index

Christopher Wright
on Sep 28, 2008 at 6:34:01 pm

Good for you!
I look forward to your future posts on the subject.

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Octocore 8 GB Ram, Radeon card, MBP, MXO
Windows XP Adobe Studio CS3, Vegas 8.0, Lightwave 9.2, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 6, Continuum 5, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]