FORUMS: list search recent posts

Long files not transfering

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul MacDougall
Long files not transfering
on Sep 23, 2008 at 4:23:52 pm

I am working on a project that we are shooting on P2, and occasionally we have shots that exceed 10 or so minutes and create spanned clips (as a result of the 4GB FAT32 file size limit). When we import these clips into Final Cut Pro (6.0.4) using Log & Transfer, they will come in, but only the first few seconds of the clip will play, and the rest of the clip will be black. We've been using P2 Log Pro to get around this problem, as it is able to successfully import the problem footage, however, we would still like to fix this issue as it adds an additional complication to the workflow. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might be able to remedy this?
Thanks

MacOS 10.5.4
QuickTime 7.5.0
FCP 6.0.4
HVX200

Return to posts index

Dave Neyman
Re: Long files not transfering
on Sep 24, 2008 at 5:56:43 am

I'm assuming that you have them stored on some sort of hard drive. Is the drive formatted for Mac or FAT32? It should be formatted for Mac. This could be part of then problem.

Return to posts index

Paul MacDougall
on Sep 24, 2008 at 8:29:11 am

Yes, the problem occurs when loading the MXF files (direct copies of the whole card) off of a HFS+ formated drive, both one connected via Fiber Channel, and off of the internal HD, and when loading directly off of the P2 card.

Return to posts index

Dave Neyman
on Sep 24, 2008 at 1:07:24 pm

It's a mystery then. I've never had that happen so I guess I won't be much help. Sorry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]