FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX 3000 corupt files on P2

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Funk
HPX 3000 corupt files on P2
on Sep 17, 2008 at 12:20:18 am

I have been handed some footage to download into final cut. On one card i have a few issues. i will try to describe the issues in detail. here is what i am looking at:

one 16gb P2 card with 9 clips on it. all drivers are updated to 32 gb cards.

when the card is placed into the camera only 8 clips show.

when the card is placed into my computer (power book G4 with the P2 slot) i can see 9 different MXF files.

when i start up FCP and go to the log and transfer, i can see all the clips except clip 7.

All the clips will import properly except clips 5 6 and 7 (7 is not shown in the log and transfer screen)

As clips 5 and 6 import they reach a consistent point and stop. when it reaches this point, it freezes up FCP and even my Mac OS and "finder" must be force quit to restart the computer.

When i try to copy the "content" folder, my mac will freeze up. when i try copying just the MXF files, the computer will freeze.

what i am looking for is any advice to get clips 5, 6, 7 off the P2 cards. I am going to use the HPX 3000 tomorrow and i am going to try to "repair" the clip using the repair feature on the camera. But since clip 7 is not showing in the menu on the camera, i don't think there is any luck for this one.

this is what i am looking at, any advice would be welcome. thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: HPX 3000 corupt files on P2
on Sep 17, 2008 at 3:18:54 am

How long is clip 7 and does FCP have the word (spanned) next to the clips in log and transfer?

When you preview the footage in log and transfer, is all of the footage there (go to the end of the last clip, sort by timecode to make sure) or are you physically missing footage? Forget how many clips are there for now.

You need to copy the entire contents of the card, that's the CONTENTS folder and lastclip.txt to a new folder marked something like Card_01 (so that a folder named Card_01 with both the CONTENTS folder and lastclip.txt inside of it). To say it again, there should two items within the Card_01 folder. The CONTENTS folder and the lastclip.txt file.

AvcIntra or DVCPro HD?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]