COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Petropoulos
HPX500 $2000 rebate
on Sep 10, 2008 at 10:04:44 pm

Hello,

I see that in order to get the $2000 rebate from Panasonic:
"You must include copy of your 4 year Extended Warranty Certificate."

Does anyone know how much the warranty cost? Would I have to get it from Panasonic or would I get it from the place where I purchased it from, like B&H?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
Re: HPX500 $2000 rebate
on Sep 10, 2008 at 10:15:58 pm

The extended warranty is free, you just have to register the camera on the Panasonic site.

You should have papers that come with the camera that tell you where to go register. It took probably 3 months for my certificate to show up.

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on Sep 10, 2008 at 10:59:06 pm

Hi,
Sorry for your inconvenience in the wait for your certificate, but they have tightened up the time to about a week.

So yes upon registration of your camera you will extend our warranty to 4 additional year to the already standing 1 year parts and labor, it becomes a 5 year warranty. Having you register your camera does a number of things that are proactive in nature. We live in a world where bad things like having your equipment stolen happens,and having the manufacturer not only aware of the equipment but who owns it is a very good thing. Because we all know that eventually it will need repair, and if it shows up at Panasonic, we have a record of the owner so the possibility of return is much higher.

So registering your camera gets you a 5 year warranty. And the certificate that is issued to you helps you get a $2000 Rebate. But that program does end at the end of September.

Hope that helps,

Jan

Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

William Peak
on Nov 24, 2008 at 12:14:31 am

Has anyone else had an issue with the rebate team?

I just received a denial of my rebate stating only that it was late. Since I registered the letter I know this isn't the case.

Unfortunately, and very irritatingly, they give almost no explanation about it or contact information. That is, no email, no website, no phone number. They do provide a snail mail address to 'resubmit' to with additional documentation. But please, its almost like they want to make it difficult to dispute this.

I have heard that this is a common problem with rebate programs but my last Panasonic rebate went flawlessly. Have they changed rebate companies recently? Does anyone here have reasonable, 21st century contact information?

Return to posts index

on Nov 24, 2008 at 12:50:41 pm

Hi,

Send me an email with your serial number, and your full name and address and I will forward that on.

crittendenj at us.panasonic.com

Best,

Jan

Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

William Peak
on Dec 15, 2008 at 8:07:16 am

Any news on this? I haven't received any communications from the rebate group after I sent you the info you needed. Are they just really swamped or just really slow?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]