FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Screen HVX...

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brandan dennehy
Green Screen HVX...
on Aug 24, 2008 at 6:25:59 pm

I am a little turned around on one specific aspect of shooting for green screen. I understand I can turn my camera 90degrees to take advantage of the greater horizontal resolution. What I don't get is, won't that essentially reduce the size of my image on the CCD's. I know I can set the framing of my camera to fill as much as possible but only within reason. It seems to me that I am I am loosing an awful lot of image. Does it actually make sense to flip the camera when the imagers are so small?

Return to posts index

Jeffrey S. Brown
Re: Green Screen HVX...
on Aug 24, 2008 at 7:01:01 pm

You would be taking advantage of greater vertical resolution, as you would be shooting in a "portrait" orientation. Typically used for a single person shot; humans are more often in a portrait orientation. And, the chip turns 90 deg. with the rest of the camera, so you're still using the same area.

-jeff

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Green Screen HVX...
on Aug 27, 2008 at 8:29:36 pm

Exactly- it works best with subjects that are tall and narrow and would gain additional frame area by re-orienting the camera vertically. For short and wide subjects stick with the standard orientation.

-Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]