FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting dvcpro hd from Adobe media encoder

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre Monteiro
exporting dvcpro hd from Adobe media encoder
on Aug 23, 2008 at 6:20:00 pm

Hi folks, I've just purchased an HVX205A and am having trouble understanding a few things when it comes to export my footage:
I see that the native clips are 960x720 (1.33), I want to export them as 720x1280 or 1440x1080.should the export be in square pixels for these formats?
The thing is that no matter what I've tried,I can't find the right settings to retain most of the information from the footage. Windows media is horrible, mpeg2 is a bit better but still loses a lot of detail, H264 seems to be the best one but the picture loses detail and is washed out like if you crank the brightness settings in post. I see beautiful clips of the HVX on the web and can only wonder what people are doing with the footage for them to look so nice. In premiere cs3.1 it looks wonderfull untill I export. I've tried looking for the subject in this and other forums but people only talk about FCpro.I need to work with the footages also with AE but its hard with so much loss.
Please help some desperate soul guys.
Thank you and sorry for the length of the thread.

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: exporting dvcpro hd from Adobe media encoder
on Aug 23, 2008 at 11:53:17 pm

That would be 1280x720 square. For wmv export, use the Windows Media Encoder from MS. Quicktime has known gamma issue that will increase upon export. The only way around that is to reduce the gamma before export.

Vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]