FORUMS: list search recent posts

Choose specific clips for offload

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Niklas Wikman
Choose specific clips for offload
on Aug 20, 2008 at 3:51:46 pm

I have HD Log and P2CMS on Mac.

There's a bunch of clips in my camera, that I have marked as good.
The clips are also numbered by the camera, and I have a list of which clips that I should use.
If I use HD Log and Offload the P2 cards, I get ALL clips. Don't wanna do that, and then I'm not sure if I will keep track of the clip number.

So, what's the best way to choose specific clips to be offloaded/logged/whatever? Should I use P2CMS and "export" the clips that I do believe I can select?

And from there I have to use FCP Log and Transfer?
Somewhere on the way I'd like to name the clips/QT files, too.

Return to posts index

Niklas Wikman
Re: Choose specific clips for offload
on Aug 22, 2008 at 2:01:31 pm

No one with tips on this?

Starting P2CMS only lists each card, and there's no clip no. info present.

Return to posts index

Dan Montgomery
on Aug 22, 2008 at 5:51:28 pm

Actually you're talking about two different things. In HDLog, offloading is meant as a backup utility to copy the entire card's contents for archive purposes, or to disk in preparation for editing, etc.

When you open a P2 card (volume) in HDLog, the camera "marked" clips are designated. This open view is similar to the Log and Transfer in FCP--you're looking at the raw video through a QT conversion on the fly. The full QT files have not yet been made.

So, opening a P2 card, you can choose Export to FCP XML and select all "Marked" in that dialog. This will push just those clips from the card onto disk in QT format. Alternatively, you can select to send FCP just the QT Reference files (aliases) which are just links to the MXF. Doing this will require you to later do a full import inside FCP (since you haven't yet made the full QT files).

In the FCP XML export inside HDLog, you may also choose how to name the resulting QT files. For example, you can name your clips in the P2 User Clip Name field any way you wish, then in the export selet that field as the Movie name field (upper right in the export dialog). After the files are transferred to disk, HDLog renames them to the text contained in the User Name field for each clip.

Hope this helps.

Video logging is just the beginning...

Return to posts index

Niklas Wikman
on Aug 22, 2008 at 6:39:54 pm

Thanks for you info. Not quite helpful, since what I've done is to note the cameras internal clip number, which gets lost in both HD Log and P2CMS, since each card starts with clip number 1, and so on.
Guess I have to add some meta info using the camera, to mark the clips I want to use, since I loose reference when not using MCR mode on the camera.

I really need to find out a way to mark clips on field that can be referenced to when connecting the camera to a computer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]