FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot Import FCP ingested footage into a PC based AE CS3

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daci GUTIERREZ
Cannot Import FCP ingested footage into a PC based AE CS3
on Aug 18, 2008 at 11:37:31 pm

Does anybody have some kind of workaround to do this.
I used an hpx500 camera on 24pn, ingested it throuh FCP 6.0, had mxf files on the card and .mov in the FCP project.
When tryng to open the in AE CS3 on my PC ( windows XP) I cannot see the footage.
I read another thread that says it cannot be done, is that true? I cannot get the files again as it was a rented camera.
Can anybody help, please
( at least confirm in f...d)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Cannot Import FCP ingested footage into a PC based AE CS3
on Aug 19, 2008 at 3:19:15 am

You didn't keep the original MXF files? That is like tossing your master tapes in the trash after you capture. You MUST keep the original P2 structure and MXF files intact if you want to use the footage on multiple platforms. The DVDPRO HD codec on FCP will not play on ANY computer that DOESN'T have FCP installed...even another Mac. If you need to get it to a PC, you need to convert it to a format it will recognize. I recommend the SHEER codecs by BitJazz. You have to pay for them, but they are good and cross platform. The other alternative is the Animation codec, but those file sizes are LARGE and require a substantial drive RAID.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Daci GUTIERREZ
Re: Cannot Import FCP ingested footage into a PC based AE CS3
on Aug 19, 2008 at 4:44:43 pm

Thank you for responding, and confirming my fears...
As it is a short commercial, i think I will export from fcp in a sequece to work on it in AE.
Thank you for the response

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]