FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX Varicam. footage looks sped up

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle martin
HVX Varicam. footage looks sped up
on Aug 12, 2008 at 8:38:30 pm

Our DP accidentally shot some footage at a variable frame rate and now the footage is sped up. Does anyone know how to add frames back into the footage to slow it down to the proper speed? We're editing in FCP 6.0.2. Below is how the camera was set up.

The model of camera we used is the Panasonic AG-HVX200P.

The footage was supposed to be 720P/30PN with a default frame rate of 30fps.

But the camera was actually set to shoot at a variable frame rate speed of 24fps in the 720P/30PN recording setup mode.

Here's what the settings in the camera looked like:

1. SCENE FILE: OPERATION TYPE: FILM CAM
1. SCENE FILE: FRAME RATE: 24FRAME
5. RECORDING SETUP: REC FORMAT (P2): 720P/30PN

Is there software out there that can help? I'm on a crazy deadline and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

Return to posts index

Kelsey Smith
Re: HVX Varicam. footage looks sped up
on Aug 12, 2008 at 10:51:57 pm

Hey Kyle, I feel your pain, been there.....done that! I also feel for your DP! I have no idea why the HVX-200 doesn't default to 30fps when you switch it over to 30PN anyway, seem like a no brainer to me! Any who, here's what I did (thanks to our good friend Graeme Nattress !) I just brought the clips into Cinema Tools. Conform to what ever flavour you want, 23.98, 24, 29.97, etc. and a way you go.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Kelsey W.

Return to posts index

Kyle martin
on Aug 12, 2008 at 11:03:46 pm

Oh, great! Thanks Kelsey. I've never used Cinema Tools before though. Is there a certain procedure to follow to add the frames in so it will look good in 29.97?

Thanks for your help
Kyle

Return to posts index

Kelsey Smith
on Aug 12, 2008 at 11:19:50 pm

No, it's pretty straight forward Kyle. I'm assuming you don't have audio, at least on the camera, correct? Open CT, open the QT file you want to conform, select the conform button, and then choose 29.97. It should work........ fingers crossed!

KWS

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 13, 2008 at 12:16:18 am

[Kelsey Smith] "I have no idea why the HVX-200 doesn't default to 30fps when you switch it over to 30PN anyway, seem like a no brainer to me!"

It should remian at whatever frame rate you choose if you keep the frame rate set to 'default'.

Return to posts index

Kelsey Smith
on Aug 13, 2008 at 12:25:12 am

Aaaaaah, you are right Jeremy! I never noticed that before. I just checked my camera and never saw the "default" option under frames rates before. Thanks for pointing that out!

You learn something new everyday!

KWS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]