FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help Please, Camera starts recording, locks up.

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
glenn stewart
Help Please, Camera starts recording, locks up.
on Aug 7, 2008 at 12:08:55 am

We have a brand new HVX200 that keeps going into record mode and locking up, some of the buttons work (shutter, focus etc) but there's no way of stopping it recording or powering off without holding the reset button or pulling the power. The menu button doesn't work either. Sometimes after powering off it behaves normally for a few minutes before entering record again but mostly it just starts recording as soon as it's powered up. There is no tape in it, just P2 card, without the card it still locks up.

Has anyone else experienced or heard of this? We've been trying to get answer from Panansonic or B&H all day but it's too late now and we need to know if it's something we can fix (firmware maybe?) or do we need a replacement camera?

Thanks in advance, we've searched the forums without finding anything although we found a post on another forum that saying they (HVX) lock up all the time and won't turn off almost as though it was common knowledge but couldn't find any other details.

Glennser

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Help Please, Camera starts recording, locks up.
on Aug 7, 2008 at 1:26:30 am

Sounds like you need a new camera.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Alan Rosenfeld
on Aug 7, 2008 at 2:05:22 pm

Just call our customer service department, sounds like a defective unit to me.

alan

Alan Rosenfeld
TheStudio@B&H
alanr@bhphotovideo.com

Return to posts index

glenn stewart
on Aug 7, 2008 at 7:12:48 pm

Thanks guys, I was hoping (foolishly I suppose) that it might be something really silly that we were missing or could be fixed.
Glennser

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]