FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVC-Intra to Apple ProRes 422 frame rate issues

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taylor Greeson
AVC-Intra to Apple ProRes 422 frame rate issues
on Aug 6, 2008 at 5:27:55 pm

We are working on some promotional materials with a good deal of green screen footage. We shot with the HPX 3000 using the AVC-Intra 100 codec. I'm using Final Cut 6.0.4 to ingest the footage and transcode it to Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) but I'm having some issues with frame rate.

We shot 30P, but when I transcode the footage, quicktime and FCP indicate that it is 29.97. And when I bring the footage into the Log and Transfer window the TC reads with a semi-colon, indicating that it is all drop frame. I've changed easy setup and searched the through all of the preferences I can think of, and after transcoding, I'm still not ending up with Quicktime movies that are 30P. The compositors would really like to work with the 30P footage.

Any ideas of how I get the 30P footage in Apple ProRes?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: AVC-Intra to Apple ProRes 422 frame rate issues
on Aug 9, 2008 at 3:21:06 am

Well most likely the camera is what shot 29.97 which is the normal frame rate for video. Most menus just round it up to 30, just like they like 23.98 as 24.

You would have to readjust the timing in a program like Compressor, Shake or Motion. but if you are coming back to video with your composites 29.97 is what you would want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]