FORUMS: list search recent posts

Naming the P2 cards - yes or no?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Niklas Wikman
Naming the P2 cards - yes or no?
on Aug 4, 2008 at 7:14:39 pm

For a start we'll be using USB and HD Log to offload the clips to the backup and scratch disk (then edit in Final Cut Pro).

But from what I read, the cards shows up as "No name" in Mac. Could (and should) they be named and the name kept? If so, how?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Naming the P2 cards - yes or no?
on Aug 4, 2008 at 9:13:07 pm

They CAN be...but there is no reason for this. I have had issues with a renamed card not being recognized by the camera, so I reformatted and it went back to NO-NAME.

I offload cards one at a time...and name the cards ON THE CARD. If I need to, I can include the card name in the name of the dump folder so we can track issues like waht cards are acting up.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Matthew Romanis
on Aug 5, 2008 at 6:19:55 am

I've been using P2 Formatter on my MAC for a year now and no problems.

Return to posts index

Niklas Wikman
on Aug 5, 2008 at 8:17:56 pm

Sorry Shane, I don't follow... I tried the HD Log and it did it's own "renaming" of the four cards that showed when connecting the HPX500 to the computer: NO NAME, NO NAME 1, NO NAME 2, NO NAME 3... go figure. :-)

But I guess this does not really matter, as long as I always can reconnect my media (from the backup disk) with no worries. And BTW, if you offload one card at the time, all the cards will be NO NAME. How do you keep track of the footage?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]