FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transfer HDV footage HVX200 Need Help ASAP please

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gursimran Dhillon
Transfer HDV footage HVX200 Need Help ASAP please
on Aug 3, 2008 at 5:34:54 pm

Hello guys,

I am in super need, we shot a cooking show on the HVX200 on the FS 100 and also HDV tapes, now i was able to transfer the the FS100 no problem to the Hard drive and start editing away, but we took a lot of shots with the DVX100 as a B camera. I came home and tried to import the tapes from my HVX200 and FCP Log and capture window comes up saying Looking for Time code, i tried to search this issue in Google and couldn't find any helpful info at all. Can any one please tell me if i need to change the settings on my camera for import or what am i doing wrong here. The DVX100 shot the HDV tapes and the HVX200 was set up for FS100. I did not change any settings in the camera after taking the tapes from the DVX100 and trying to import it with the HVX200, Please let me know what i need to here.

Thank you all.

G.S. Dhillon

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
Re: Transfer HDV footage HVX200 Need Help ASAP please
on Aug 3, 2008 at 7:12:49 pm

You're saying "HDV tapes" but I assume you mean DV recordings, right? Both cameras can only record/playback standard definition DV to tape, no HDV format, but DV tape stock may be being labeled as HDV these days.

Just figured I should get that detail clarified before someone more knowledgeable than I steps in to help. How are you capturing the footage and controlling the camera?

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

Gursimran Dhillon
on Aug 3, 2008 at 7:26:49 pm

Thats right i'm using DV tapes, and when i go log and capture i can control the camera playback and view the footage only on the camera, and when i hit capture now, it says looking for timecode.

G.S. Dhillon

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
on Aug 3, 2008 at 7:48:51 pm

Hmm.. yeah that's a problem beyond my area of experience. =(
Lots of knowledgeable people around here tho!

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 3, 2008 at 11:34:13 pm

What is your deck control set for in FCP L&C, it needs to be on Firewire. (this way you should also be able to control the camera.

Also did you shoot the tapes on LP (90 minutes) vs SP (60 minutes)?

Return to posts index

Gursimran Dhillon
on Aug 4, 2008 at 6:43:26 pm

Thanks guys, i just imported all the footage using imovie it was a lot easier and then i transferred all the clips to fcp. Whatever works i guess right....i was trying to capture right from the camera to fcp, and that was the other best option i could think of.

Thanks all for the input.

G.S. Dhillon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]