FORUMS: list search recent posts

mixing 24pn, 30pn, and 60p

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephani Gordon
mixing 24pn, 30pn, and 60p
on Aug 3, 2008 at 6:46:52 am

Apologies if an answer is already out there. I've searched and found plenty of similar questions, but nothing that answers my conundrum.

I'm shooting an hvx200 in a GATES underwater housing. I would *like* to shoot in slight overcrank (I'm a 24pn girl normally) to smooth out bumpy shots and slow the fish motion. Options:

a- in 720p/24pn mode, up framerate as desired (this works great, but requires I keep the camera on because I can't access the menu once I close the housing; and battery life is limited when I'm on a small boat for an entire day)- what I used for shore dives, not feasible in my current situation

b- I tried 720p/30pn mode, and also 720p/60p mode which sticks even if I power the camera on and off; BUT it all imports (for some reason mysterious to me) as 23.98, even if I open a new project, change capture/sequence settings. And that looks much worse than 24pn.

Any advice? Options I haven't thought of? Ways to fix issues with above options? I'm out here on a research vessel for another 4 weeks, so I will be super grateful for any help! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Arthur Aldrich
Re: mixing 24pn, 30pn, and 60p
on Aug 3, 2008 at 11:41:07 am

If you save a scene file with the frame rate you desire to one of the 6 built in selectors, then the frame rate will stick even after a power off.

-
Art Aldrich
OTEK TV
Leader, NJFCPUG
http://www.njfcpug.org

Return to posts index

Stephani Gordon
Re: mixing 24pn, 30pn, and 60p
on Aug 3, 2008 at 5:03:55 pm

Brilliant! I'd tried that 6 months ago but I must not have gotten the 'save' to stick. I just tried it again, and you're right- it totally works. Thanks Art. -Steph

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]