FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Driver Installation-Connecting HVX via USB (Do I Need to...?)

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Honeycutt
P2 Driver Installation-Connecting HVX via USB (Do I Need to...?)
on Jul 30, 2008 at 2:42:51 pm

Okay, I'm trying to get my drivers installed so my laptop will 'see' the P2 card in the PCMCIA slot. I have my camera hooked up via USB 2.0, per the software's request, but the software doesn't see the camera on any of the camera's three settings. If I don't check the HVX box, it continues on and seems to install... but of course, my laptop still can't see the card.

My question is, does the HVX need to be hooked up during installation to get my P2 card's driver to be installed. If so, how do I get the computer to see the camera via USB? It registers under firewire, just not USB 2.0. Is there some internal camera setting that needs to be selected to get it into a "USB" mode?

With that said, what I don't understand is that, are the P2 cards formatted differently per device? What happens differently when the device is selected during installation?

(Sorry for what seem to be easy questions but I'm have zero luck with my P2 experience and I have no idea how to get out of the gate.)

Return to posts index

Albert Art
Re: P2 Driver Installation-Connecting HVX via USB (Do I Need to...?)
on Nov 19, 2008 at 3:08:31 am

Did you ever get around this issue? I'm having a similar problem with my HP laptop.

Return to posts index

Jason Honeycutt
Re: P2 Driver Installation-Connecting HVX via USB (Do I Need to...?)
on Nov 19, 2008 at 5:08:33 am

Actually, I was just about to repost a similar topic, but for my desktop (trying to import via firewire or USB, because it's not seeing either in Avid and the only solutions seem to be geared for mounting on a Mac, not PC). Both the PC laptop and desktop cannot "see" the camera when in "PC" mode. On the camera side, just the "Set-Up" appears on the camera screen, everything else is grayed out. It's SO frustrating.

My big "duh" issue is that I assumed I had a PCMCIA slot on my new laptop, when in fact, it was an Express slot... now I have to get an Express converter (anyone know of one that works for sure?). I'd much rather use firewire or USB, though, because I'm gonna dump this camera when the Scarlet comes out.

The good news is that importing is a breeze on a five year old laptop with the PCMCIA slot. Now, if the new technology worked with this, we'd all be in business :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]