FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 card crashes FCP

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Hampton
P2 card crashes FCP
on Jul 24, 2008 at 1:57:58 am

I just got back from an 8 card shoot with my HPX500 & HVX200. 6-16GB cards and 2-32GB cards. I copied all of the "raw" files to my hard drive and then I started to convert them to quicktimes. Basically following the same procedure from the podcast tutorial from Creative Cow.

Using my HVX200 as the card reader, I copy & convert them one card at a time, to insure there are not any problems. One of my cards that was from the HPX500 crashes FCP when I try to import the clips. As soon as I mount the card or a copy of the card, it crashes FCP. I've tried it on all four of my edit systems with the same result. All of the other cards from both cameras are fine.

We've been shooting exclusively on P2 since July 2007 without any major problems. Most the footage we shoot is recorded in 720/24pn mode. This is the first time I have seen this.

We use the following:
FCP 5.1.4
OS 10.4.11
QT 7.4.5

Any help would be awesome!!

THX

DH

Don Hampton
DH Productions LLC
FCP, HVX200, HPX500

Return to posts index

D. Scott Dobbie
Re: P2 card crashes FCP
on Jul 24, 2008 at 5:17:46 am

I was having the exact same problem, but with this one clip shot with my HVX200. Continually crashing FCP when I'd Log & Transfer. UNTIL I took the advice of many on this forum and purchased Raylight.

Fast, flawless, unbelievably easy. http://dvfilm.com/raylight/mac/index.htm

Return to posts index

Don Hampton
Re: P2 card crashes FCP
on Jul 24, 2008 at 10:57:32 am

I never heard of Raylight. I'll check it out and let you know if it works. I'm leaving today for another multiple day shoot. One card short. So I will not be able to get to it until next week.

THX

DH

Don Hampton
DH Productions LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]