FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX-500 Setting the Time Code

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ahing Huang
HPX-500 Setting the Time Code
on Jul 20, 2008 at 12:08:26 pm

I'm coming from being a long time owner of Sony cameras so I am quite used to their UI and button/switch layout. I have a basic question that I can't seem to find the answer to in my manual. How do I set the timecode to freerun/time of day?

On a Sony camera i'd flip the switch to freerun, then flick a different switch to time of day. However on this P2 camera, all I can do is switch between freerun/recrun and in between I can set a manual timecode, but can I just have the camera pull time of day info right into the timecode? Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

rainer Wirth
Re: HPX-500 Setting the Time Code
on Jul 21, 2008 at 4:17:00 pm

I think it's not possible. But I've never used it. It would be a nice feature

Rainer

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jul 21, 2008 at 10:03:08 pm

Natively, I believe preset and freerun are the only options. You may be able to do it using external sync.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Ahing Huang
on Jul 22, 2008 at 8:34:01 am

Yeah my only way to do it now is to jamsync with some other camera running time of day, or to just eyeball it and preset it in manually. I always took that feature for granted but I never quite knew how handy it really is. Thanks for the replies.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Aug 1, 2008 at 4:48:52 pm

You can set TOD. Open the smaller door under the LCD display and you'll see the TCG switch. It allows you to set tc and then free-run or rec run. There are also the buttons to set the tc. The HPX500 also outputs the tc so another cam or deck can jam that tc or vice versa.

John

Dual 2.5 G5 4 gigs RAM OS 10.4.8 QT7.1.3
Dual Cinema 23 Radeon 9800
FCP Studio 5 (FCP5.1.4, DVDSP4.1.1, Comp2.3, STP1.1, Motion 2.1.2)
Huge U-320R 1TB Raid 3 firmware ENG15.BIN
ATTO UL4D driver 3.50
AJA IO driver 2.1 firmware v23-28
Pro Tools HD w 192 Digital, SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neuman U87s, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Ahing Huang
on Aug 5, 2008 at 12:55:00 pm

Yeah I knew about the manual time code inputting, I was just hoping there was a way to automatically transfer the internal time of day directly into the time code instead of having to manually input it. Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]