FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Copy P2 Card to MacPro/XRaid

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Nichol
Can't Copy P2 Card to MacPro/XRaid
on Jul 15, 2008 at 12:23:59 am

I'm trying to copy the P2 files to my computer from the AJ-PCD20 (5 slot card reader). I've never had any problems before with it, but today as soon as it starts to copy the file (after about 500MB) a warning comes up saying "cannot copy some of the items... you do not have permission" On my MacPro and XServe Raid all the permissions are fine (read & write). Could it be something in the way it was shot?
I'm shooting with the HPX-3000 and the only weird thing was that all the settings were back to the factory settings today before I shot for some reason. Maybe the little lithium ion battery (which saves set-up info) has died? I checked the P2 files on the camera and they all play fine. I'm shooting in AVC-Intra. Just want to copy them from the card reader to the computer but it won't let me do it. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Can't Copy P2 Card to MacPro/XRaid
on Jul 15, 2008 at 1:25:31 am

Are the write-protect tabs on the cards engaged?

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Doug Nichol
on Jul 15, 2008 at 5:17:02 am

Yes, the tabs are in "write protect" mode. I always do this after taking them from the camera, but it doesn't make any difference as the files won't transfer with the tab switched on as well. I've played back the files on the camera and they play out fine. I just can't get them off the P2 and into the MacPro. This past weekend I did the Apple "software update" and that seems to be the thing that has changed everything. I re-installed the P2 drivers (as per the Panasonic tech) but no effect. Any ideas how to get the files off P2? I need to shoot again and I'm stuck as the cards are pretty full.

Return to posts index

Arthur Aldrich
on Jul 15, 2008 at 10:45:11 am

Have you tried using P2CMS to copy the clips from the card to your drive?

Use the latest version, 1.27

Might try using the camera to offload cards.

-
Art Aldrich
OTEK TV
Leader, NJFCPUG
http://www.njfcpug.org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]