FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jan Repair question?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lars Wikstrom
Jan Repair question?
on Jul 10, 2008 at 11:39:00 pm

Hi Jan, I had my camera the HVX-200 dropped off in LA for repair today because of the battery tabs are broken. I posted here a few weeks ago about it. My friend took it in for me since I am on vacation over seas right now. It was dropped off at The Video Clinic Inc. on Wilshire blvd (got address from Panasonic site) and the guy said that he was going to charge for repairing the camera since it was out of warranty unless he gets a e-mail from Panasonic saying other wise.

Your last post http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/193/871108

You said that you have not heard of anyone paying for this as long as it was not grey market. I bought my camera at Able Cine in Burbank in summer of 06.

Please let me know if you are able to help me with this.

Thanks,

-Lars

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Re: Jan Repair question?
on Jul 10, 2008 at 11:41:49 pm

I would have taken it to Panasonic as they would be the folks that would likely fix it under a warranty repair. I don't know the folks at the video clinic and don't know that they are even authorized to work on the HVX. I would pick it up and take it ot Panaosnic.

Best,

Jan

Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Lars Wikstrom
on Jul 11, 2008 at 6:16:53 am

Wow... I thought they were authorized to work on the camera. I followed your instructions and went to the Panasonic website and followed the links to the service area. I tried to search by my camera model number typing in HVX-200 and a sub window pops up saying unable to locate a match.

The Sub window that pops up has more instructions and the title of the window says "Locate an Authorized Service Center". Using the selected pull down menus if finds Professional Camera and then DVCPRO and enter my zip which is 93463. The Video Clinic Inc is at the top of the list and is located at 2307 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403. Their Phone number is 310-828-6464.

They are listed as Authorized Service Centers on your website. Is the Panasonic web site wrong some how???

-Lars

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 11, 2008 at 12:58:30 pm

Why not just do what Jan suggests rather than complain about it? Solution already given...

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
on Jul 11, 2008 at 3:56:08 pm

Would it be easier (from abroad) to contact Panasonic and get someone to send the Video Clinic guy the info he requires to do the repair under warranty.

Note that Jan didn't say they are NOT authorized, just that it was possible.

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

Lars Wikstrom
on Jul 11, 2008 at 10:17:03 pm

Yes my camera us 6500 miles away from me right now in LA and I am in Sweden. This was the only chance to get the camera repaired. The repair shop that the camera was dropped off at was on the list of Authorized repair places from the Panasonic site. I can not help if they list is incorrect.

I would have no problem paying for this but it will be replaced with a new improved part which means the current one should have been recalled in or out of warranty like parts on my car are recalled.

I am hopeful that this will be resolved with Jan's help.

-Lars

Return to posts index

on Jul 11, 2008 at 11:00:46 pm

Hi LArs,

You will have to deal with this when you get back. I am not in any position to help you on this one. Contact aPanaosnic in LA and deal with it when you are at short range.

Best,

Jan

Return to posts index

Lars Wikstrom
on Jul 12, 2008 at 6:28:03 am

Thanks Jan... My hopes are to have this taken care of before I get back from vacation. I will ask my friend to pick up the camera and take it to Panasonic in LA.

Can you give me an address or phone number to that location? I already pulled that Video Clinic off your list so I want to make sure I get the right place this time.

Thanks!

-Lars

Return to posts index

Tom Klein
on Jul 12, 2008 at 7:17:51 am

Don't you just love Warranty/repairs, they can give you or destroy your faith in your product supplier / maker, or make you think seriously about another Product/supplier for the next purchase.

With over 25 years in this industry I usually find repairs/warranty fixes means that the Item is just about ready for the redundant shelf. I recently had my latest (just 12 month old) tripod head blow out the Tilt grease, it took 4 weeks to get the authorized service agent to affect a repair of two small seals.(yes,he had them in stock). Go figure.
It only took a few days to buy it in the first instance..I'm Not amused.
PS, it was not a Panasonic.

Cheers
Tom K

Return to posts index

on Jul 12, 2008 at 11:36:54 am

YOu should have your friend call the Panasonic Service Center on Cahuenga Blvd in Las Angeles. The only number I have is 323-436-3500, but that is a main switchboard number and requires you to choose through a menu. But they should call over there and talk to the service manager and tell them what is going on. They might even call the service center you chose and thell them it is a warranty repair.

Best,

Jan

Return to posts index

Lars Wikstrom
on Jul 13, 2008 at 9:04:10 am

Thanks Jan I will call them Monday.

-Lars

Return to posts index

Duncan Boggs
on Jul 16, 2008 at 6:41:48 pm

After speaking with several people at the Panasonic switchboards I finally was able to get the number for the Panasonic owned service center on Cahuenga in LA. Thier # is 323 436 3507 and the address is 3330 Cahuenga Blvd. West 90068. All but one of the Panasonic switchboard people had not heard of Video Clinic. The one that did said she sent lots of people there without ever having any problems. Also, the service center on Cahuenga said that Video Clinic is a registered Panasonic service center and should be able to handle the problem. My impression is that, just to be safe, the camera should go to the Panasonic owned center on Cahuenga since thier seems to be some uncertainty among those at Panasonic about where it should go. Probably because of this particular type of repair on this particular product being that it seems like the work should be done on Panasonic's dime due to the faulty back plate.

Return to posts index

Duncan Boggs
on Jul 30, 2008 at 6:53:50 pm

Just to follow up. After speaking and emailing with several people at Panasonic, they did take care of the problem through The Video Clinic on Wilshire in LA who did a good job with the repair. Our faith continues with Panasonic's customer service and products.

Return to posts index

peter bailey
on Aug 13, 2009 at 3:02:01 am

Hey Jan ,

I had a number of questions , my 1394 connection is damaged, I live in Whistler where is the best place to get it repaired and how much is this likely to cost me ?

Is there a cheaper option using p2 card readers ?

Could I possibly get your email add as I have a number of points not relevant to this thread .

Thanks for your time ,

Peter Bailey
http://www.EpicMountainVideo.com

Peter Bailey
Creative Director
Epic Mountain Video

Return to posts index

Peter Olejnik
on Sep 8, 2009 at 1:45:34 am

Ok, so this might not be a HVX 200 repair question; however, I wanted to know why Panny hasn't developed their own P2 Repair software? Instead, I have to dish out more money on third part software to repair a supposedly "Solid State" format.

I don't get it. Jan--any ideas?

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]