FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX vs DVX

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Perlman
HVX vs DVX
on Jul 9, 2008 at 5:58:20 am

I've been using my Canon HV20 for about a year now, and after saving about 5 grand, I've decided to upgrade to a better camera.

Should I get the DVX or the HVX? I'm leaning towards the DVX only because I still put faith in SD, but this HD craze makes me think that it's a better investment to go for the HVX. Will the DVX be completely obsolete in a few years?

Return to posts index

William Carr
Re: HVX vs DVX
on Jul 9, 2008 at 6:14:57 am

I would say by now HD is more like progress, less like a "craze".
And, isn't the HV20 an HD camera?

- You can always shoot SD with the HVX200 if you want to, and HD anytime.

- DVCPROHD files will likely edit with less strain on your processors than HDV in Final Cut.

- Once I went tapeless I never looked back.

- If you don't need to be interlaced, why be?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: HVX vs DVX
on Jul 9, 2008 at 7:59:15 am

Get the HVX-200. It shoots to DV tape as well...as DV, just like the DVX-100b. So you can still shoot HD, and be ready for HD when you feel comfortable with it. You can even shoot DV to the P2 cards.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Go with the 200a
on Jul 9, 2008 at 12:01:33 pm

Get the 200a. Better in low light and a few other improvements over the 200. SD will eventually go away--the sooner you have access to an HD camera and can get familiar with it the better.

Michael

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Go with the 200a
on Jul 9, 2008 at 2:35:09 pm

Ditto what everyone else has said. The DVX is definitely a step up from the camera you've currently got but if you can afford the HVX that's a more future proof camera. HD is not a 'craze' by any stretch of the imagination. All US networks and many cable channels have been broadcasting in it for years.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Go with the 200a
on Jul 9, 2008 at 7:31:08 pm

Even if you still shoot in DV but want 16:9 the 200 gives you that without the upscaling or that beautiful lens adapter. Oh I miss those beautiful blue streaks, thank goodness Magic Bullet has a setting to put them back in!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]