FORUMS: list search recent posts

Imagine Products HD log vs Final Cut Server

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Walker
Imagine Products HD log vs Final Cut Server
on Jul 8, 2008 at 12:25:09 am

20 plus year post veteran (long live CMX! ), recent P2 convert. Am I correct in assuming that both Imagine Products HD log and Final Cut Server will both give me logging and archiving tools but that HD log will allow me to work directly with the cards whereas FC server will not.... are they both in the same playing field or are they two totally different animals? If you could only buy one, which would you buy? We would also be using these programs with non P2 sourced material. I am going to see the Final Cut Server demo in Dallas tomorrow but I would like to find out as much as I can tonight.
Thanks
Don Walker

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Imagine Products HD log vs Final Cut Server
on Jul 8, 2008 at 11:58:19 am

They're actually quite different. FCS is not capable of directly ingesting from P2 as HD Log can. On the other hand FCS is setup to track not only .MOV files but pretty much every other piece of media you have in a project. FCS's primary function is organizing media across a SAN whereas HD Log is aimed at the single user edit system.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]