FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX500 reviews?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat McGowan
HPX500 reviews?
on Jul 7, 2008 at 2:54:36 am

I have a HDX900 and love it. I want to add a second (possibly a third) camera.

I'm thinking of a second HDX900 but I like the idea of the HPX500 as a second cam. The HVX200 would be the third camera.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: HPX500 reviews?
on Jul 7, 2008 at 4:44:52 am

Are they going to be used in a multicam setup? or different cameras for different budget projects? I think I like more info on what you want to do might get you better responses.

Return to posts index

Pat McGowan
on Jul 8, 2008 at 12:11:31 am

The cameras will be used together and apart. Mostly apart.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 8, 2008 at 12:41:21 am

I have the HVX200 and have used/rented the other cameras.

First, using the 500 or 200 you have to get your head around the P2 workflow, which means buying more hard drives then you can ever image. It is not a horrible thing just takes more thought then, "how much tape do I need to bring"

I'm a firm believer in buying the most camera you can afford (notice that I only have the 200) and then I rent cameras when I feel the 200 is not up for the task. I also match cameras as much as possible for multicam shoots. In the end I think you either spend too much time in post making all the cameras match or you dumb down the better cameras to match the lower one.

But in one need more than a single camera for different jobs and they very in budget these two options are great choices. They all have their places and strengths, but less expensive cameras will alway be a compromise so the question goes back to you, can you (and your client) live with the compromises. Most of the time the clients budget answers the question for us.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]