FORUMS: list search recent posts

p2 card not read by my computer

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steven harberts
p2 card not read by my computer
on Jul 5, 2008 at 3:34:00 am

For some reason my HVX camera does not get read by my G5 mac. I tried everything from P2 card readers to hooking the camera via firewire. What may be the problem?? I need help! and can you recommend a dual adapter P2 card reader that does not need intel??

Steve

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: p2 card not read by my computer
on Jul 6, 2008 at 11:47:39 pm

Did you install the drivers for the P2 card?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

George Burbano
Re: p2 card not read by my computer
on Jul 7, 2008 at 1:15:26 am

Yeah some people have problems with this..
First make sure you have the P2 Drivers installed for the camera. Then make sure you have the updated drivers for the 16gb cards or greater, if that is what you are using..

I have found that you dont need to shut your computer off, but you do need to make sure that the camera is off when plugging in the FW cable to both the camera and the Computer port. Once plugged in, you turn the camera on, press the MCR button, once the thumbnails appear, then press and hold the MCR button to put the device into FW mode.

Also once you are done copying the cards or whatever workflow you are using, reformat the cards in the camera. Do not delete data either on the computer and try not to delete clips on the camera. When you delete clips on the camera, the thumbnails will remain. This can cause a problem when downloading data.

Hope this helps..

George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]