FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio issues on older HVX200

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Nosaty
Audio issues on older HVX200
on Jul 3, 2008 at 4:09:57 pm

I was recently shooting some interviews on my HVX200 loaded with 16GB cards and noticed an electronic beep sound from the camera body. The noise was embedded with the file as well. After some experimenting I found that if I put an 8GB card in the top slot and a 16GB in the bottom slot the problem went away.

We contacted Panasonic and the tech asked me for the serial number of my camera which is FA00189. He immediately said I needed to have a hardware upgrade because my camera was among the first 200 made. Even though I had the latest software update, the hardware on my camera was not designed for 16GB P2 cards.

My service tech had never heard of the upgrade but contacted Panasonic to find out more. There was a 3 page list of parts that needed to be replaced! Now everything is fine. The moral is if you have audio issues with your HVX check to see how old it is.

cheers,
Greg Nosaty

Cinemontage Productions Inc

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Audio issues on older HVX200
on Jul 3, 2008 at 7:29:30 pm

Trippy. I was under the impression the oldest HVX200's were built with the ability to use up to 32GB P2 cards and beyond but maybe that's not true of the really really early revs. Hopefully that was a warranty fix. :)

-Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Greg Nosaty
Re: Audio issues on older HVX200
on Jul 3, 2008 at 8:19:00 pm

[Noah Kadner] "Hopefully that was a warranty fix."

It would be foolish of Panasonic to charge me since they no longer sell 4 & 8GB cards!

cheers,
Greg Nosaty

Cinemontage Productions Inc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]