FORUMS: list search recent posts

Labeling P2 Cards with Scenes and Takes...SD

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norman Greenwood
Labeling P2 Cards with Scenes and Takes...SD
on Jul 2, 2008 at 10:37:50 pm

I am helping out on a feature, that is really practice for a much bigger feature with the HPX3000. My question is how to easily have the P2 cards listed with a scene so that each take is recorded in chronological order.

I understand the takes on a P2 card do have a numerical order (with random letters following it); but it would save me a lot of time if I could already have the scene and takes on the P2 card as soon as I brought it in to FCP.

I know that you can individually name them AFTER recording with a few different programs, but I heard that you can put some metadata on a SD card, and the P2 will take that data (such as the scene) and make it the title of the P2.

I think it may be something to do with the "Title Read" feature for SD cards, but I have only read about it. Does anyone know how to do something like this with the SD card and the HPX3000?

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Arthur Aldrich
Re: Labeling P2 Cards with Scenes and Takes...SD
on Jul 3, 2008 at 1:16:47 am

Very easy to do with some caveats.

FCP does not support P2 metadata. You will need to use Raylight.

Here is the abbreviated version...

Use P2 CMS (free download from Panasonic) to create user metadata files.

Create the metadata and save to sd card. Turn on metadata in the camera and load metadata on each new scene.

The field "User Clip Name" is auto incrementing. Use that for takes. Use "Program Name" for the scene #'s.

Create one file for each scene and/or camera. If you use raylight, it will create folders based on scenes.

Read my whitepaper on P2-FCP workflows on Panasonic's website for more details.

Hope this helps,

-
Art Aldrich
OTEK TV
Leader, NJFCPUG
http://www.njfcpug.org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]